Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blogging as Jogging for Memory


Pre Shri Yoga breakfast should be light enough to withstand downward dogs, forward bends and spinal twists, while giving one enough fuel to endure.  A little fruit, chia, hemp and ground flax seeds blended into a smoothie with ice, soy beverage and unsweetened, organic, pure cranberry juice.  So, when time takes it's toll and my memory slips further I'll be happy to slurp on this any old time.





Party Time!!!
Goat Cheese, Egg, Tuna



Chipotle Hummous

As for the wrap pinwheel appetizers, four varieties were prepared :


  1. Chopped Egg:  hard boiled eggsjust cooked with bright yellow yolks, finely chopped green onions, a dollup of dijon, some olive oil mayonnaise, salt & pepper, wrapped in Smart whole grain tortillas with a handful of organic arugula.
  2. Goat Cheese:  Julia's splendid, tart, black currant jam (last time I used a gourmet chunky fig spread), and arugula. 
  3. Tuna Spread:  chopped dill, green onions, a dollup of dijon, olive oil mayonnaise, salt, pepper and finely chopped sweet red pepper.
  4. Chipotle Hummus (Fontaine Sante):  shaved carrot strips, sweet red pepper strips, chopped romaine, green onions and finely chopped mint.
....And they were MUCH tastier than your garden variety deli party sandwiches.
Mission accomplished!




Thanks to Shri Yoga (click to check their web site)  for inspiring me to eat light.  They'll have an open house September 23-25 - with several FREE CLASSES.
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write me.  Blogging is just another way of sharing interests.  Nice to know what I have in common with whom.
Thanks to my brother Eric, Earth Circle Organics for encouraging healthy eating, to my sister Julia Richardson, for being my guiding light in all things food.  I call her "Julie & Julia"  for obvious reasons.
A big thanks to my mom who always fed me right and entertained her heart out.
A big thanks to my dad who supplied us with endless beautiful produce and heaps of love.
Here is a picture of yesterday's Miso Sauce on Pacific Cod.  Here's hoping that Pacific Cod isn't an endangered species.



Wishing everyone unity and peace on the anniversary of 9/11.

hb


No comments:

Post a Comment